Architects Design Group, in association with BRPH, completed design services for the 67,660 SF, three story building at the East Florida State College Public Safety Training Institute. The collaborative approach included a higher education facilities architect. This is the first project that will facilitate a new Campus Master Plan.
The Institute provides administrative offices and space for EFSC to train Corrections and Law Enforcement Officers, Criminal Justice Technology, Crime Scene Technology, 911 / Telecommunications, Paralegal and Emergency Medical Technology / Paramedics in one location for a coordinated response to all types of emergencies. The facility provides indoor and outdoor training venues for virtual and reality based training scenarios and obstacle course training. Local law enforcement testing and in-service training will also occur in this building. Advanced and specialized training space is provided with access to the outdoor training for various scenarios.
- Defensive Tactics Training
- Sallyport, Intake / Booking and Holding Cell
- Jail Cell for Training Extraction and Investigation
- Break-Out Rooms for EMT / Paramedics
- Mock Courtroom for Paralegal and Criminal Justice Training
- Medical first responder training and law enforcement and corrections
- Advanced and Specialized Training
- Simulation Room
- 911 Dispatch Training
- Crime Scene Laboratory